Wow! I can’t believe that another year has come and gone so quickly! It has been such a whirlwind of events- one right after another- and it seems that 2018 is going to start off just as busy as this year.
I have been growing so much over the past 3 months during my DTS and I am expectant for the next season of growth.
God has been so faithful to me and some of the things that I have learned are:
- I have learned what it is like to fully trust and seek God and spend time with Jesus
- That friendship is found in the most unlikely circumstances
- My aroma for Christ is evident in all areas of my life even what I don’t feel or see it
- That the guy you like isn’t always going to like you back and that’s okay because a great friendship can begin
- Healing from past wounds helps to move on in my walk with the Lord
- That I have to learn to let go of my pride in order to fully receive a blessing
- Receiving gifts is just as good as giving a gift
- God continues to remain faithful, even what it doesn’t seem like he is near
- I found out what really matters to me and learned to let go of what isn’t worth holding on to
- That God is still good, even if I don’t get my way
- I have much love that I didn’t know I was capable of giving to others
- I am a nerd and there are others out there just like me (this isn’t actually news but it’s still something great to learn!)
- That I bring joy and laughter to every person that I come across and I didn’t really acknowledge that before
- I am more patient than I thought I was
- That vulnerability is okay and it’s actually a strength
- That I am right where God wants me to be.
After some thought during Christmas, I started to come up with a short mental list of what goals I have set for the upcoming year.
Some of the goals that I have set for 2018 are:
- To be more minimalist
- Invest more in the lives of others
- To finally fully enjoy my season of singleness and not crush on a guy – Just me and Jesus
- Travel more
- Save more money
- Go kayaking
- Support missionaries on the field, while I can’t go out
- Discover a new hobby
- Read 20 books
- Write more often
- Hone my photography skills
Tomorrow I leave for Nepal and I am so nervous and excited at the same time. I will definitely be even more out of my comfort zone than I have ever been in the past and I can’t wait to have these adventures unfold!
Please pray for me as my group and I go off to serve others with the love of Christ fueling it!