It has been a few years since I have begun making my way around the world, one country at a time. It truly has been the best growing experience for me and being able to reflect on the experiences that I have had is humbling and eye opening.
Some of the things that travel has taught me are:
- Stepping out of my comfort zone is scary but I grow and come back home stronger and wiser
- I can easily talk to strangers and learn their life stories within minutes of meeting them
- I have prioritized travel and cut back on materialistic things
- This world was created by an amazing Creator
- I enjoy taking risks…even if I think I might die
- I’m more comfortable in my own skin and more sure of who I am as a person
- I may not know the struggles of someone from a third world country but I can reassess my “first world problems”
While this list is not all-inclusive, it sums up all that I have learned over my years of travel. I’m super thankful that I get to reflect on how I’ve lived my life. Sometimes I think I have wasted my life; in reality I have not.
I would encourage you to get out there and broaden your horizons!
So go, make a fool of yourself in a different place where nobody knows your language. Go and eat that weird looking food that, surprisingly, tastes good. Order that item on the menu that you have been wanting to try. Just go, and experience life in such a way that you have never done before.
What are some things that you have learned through your experiences?