God has been so faithful- I am left in awe and wonder of all the things that he has done in my life! This two part series will be about how God led me to a place of stepping out in faith and what resulted from that obedience.
To start off, I had no desire to go to Australia and New Zealand at the time that I did due to the fact that I wanted to go to Europe with a friend of mine instead. I had prayed one day in early 2015 to seek guidance on where to go and God laid it on my heart to go to Oceania. I said “Okay,” even though inside I was terrified!
Fast forward to February 2016, in which, someone that I had been seeking wise counsel from had asked me if this truly was the Lord that wanted me to go to Oceania given my financial circumstances at the time (I was not working my forty hours at work due to going to school for that semester). I was sure that it was the Lord that had placed it in my heart and mind, but I did pray for confirmation.
The ways that my trip was confirmed goes as follows:
- A few days after asking for confirmation, the tour company I was travelling with called me and asked me if I was willing to be flexible with my tour dates and they discounted from the total price of the trip!
- I met a girl at my church, through a mutual friend, and we were talking about missions and languages. When I told her I was going to NZ she stated that she had lived there!
- I went to a Rend Collective concert and had VIP tickets to meet the band. While in line to meet the band, I befriended a couple. We began talking about missions and the Church. I had told them that I had a heart for missions and they told me that they had been missionaries in NZ!
- My tour itinerary was changed and the price was lowered once again; my referral coupon code was also used and knocked off more from the total price of the trip,
- On my birthday weekend, in May, I befriended a girl at a party and we talked about travel. She said that she had studied abroad in Australia and also visited NZ,
- When I called my banking company to inform them of my travels, they told me that they actually had free ATMs in Australia – which meant that I wouldn’t have to pay the foreign transaction fee and the withdrawal fee!
All this happened in such an incredible way, right? Well even with all this confirmation, I was still short of my spending money goal. I had gotten a few babysitting gigs here and there but I was still way below my goal. About 2-3 weeks before my leaving the States, I received a bonus at work with an amount that lasted me the whole month!
This is another testimony of how God works in our lives. I am still left in awe of how our obedience and submission to His authority in our lives leads to greater things – including a stronger faith.
“Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, ‘I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.” – Matt. 18: 2-4, NLT
How has God led you to be faithful and obedient lately? Comment below; I would love to hear more testimonies of His power in your lives!